Wednesday, August 21, 2013

All Time Favorites!


Hello everyone! For my first post I thought I'd share some of my holy grail products. I reach for these items every time I wear makeup. I am also including a small review on each product. I hope you enjoy this post and hopefully you will try some of these fabulous products out!! 

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly.
I use this as a base for any eye makeup look I am doing. It is a flesh tone base that pulls a little more on the pink side (unlike soft ochre which is more yellow) I have very oily eyelids and I find this is the best product to use to prevent creasing. A little goes a long way with this product, I've had it well over a year and it is still going strong. I have tried urban decays primer potions and found that to be a little too "slippery" for me. This is a more dry texture. It also does an excellent job of erasing any veins or discoloration on my eyelids. 
Excuse my chipping polish, ew. 

Urban Decay Naked and Naked2 palette.
I LOVE both of these. There's a shade for every neutral eye look you could ever want to create. The original Naked has more warm tone colors, while naked 2 has more cool tones. Both are beautiful. Pigmentation is amazing, super soft and blendable colors. If you don't own one or both of these, please run to the nearest ulta or sephora! The both now come with a dual ended synthetic haired brush which is fantastic. One end is a shader and the other a blending. 
I realize I did not take any pictures of the shadows themselves, but most of you know what they look like and I plan to do full blog post of both the palettes soon!


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Perversion.
I previously used the color zero forever but recently picked this baby up and I will never use anything else. This is the blackest matte black. Super creamy and blendable but doesn't smudge once it is set. It really does "glide on!" Just amazing. Do yourself a favor and get this. It's pricey, but worth it. 

Benefits "They're Real!" Mascara.
Honestly I just got this product a few days ago but I don't know how I went so long without buying it. Benefits "they're real!" Mascara. LOVE this. My lashes are thin and mediocre. I've tried so many mascaras and had ok results, some better than others, but this my friends is great. I picked it up on recommendation of one of my girls (Kyla if you're reading this thank you and love you!) 


Sephoras Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover.
I can't even with this stuff, it's amazing. I got a sample of it a few years back and fell in love. I have sensitive eyes and a lot of other removers bug the hell out of me but not this stuff. I've used it to remove heavy eye makeup, multiple times a day and it always gets every little speck off and actually leaves the skin around my eyes feeling very nourished. Apparently it has a lash nourishing formula in it too, so bonus! I will forever repurchase. 



And that rounds out the eye category, let's move onto the face...

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in Brightening.
This is a great under eye brightener, I've used the regular flesh tones ones and didn't like them as much as they are quite sheer, but this one isn't meant for coverage as much as just brightening the area up!  It is a pinky color and If I'm feeling it ill throw a flesh toned concealer on top of it just to give it some extra coverage, but it works great just on its own too! 


Bare Minerals Foundation.
I'm not a huge fan of liquid foundations, I have very oily acne prone skin. I've been a fan of this stuff for years. It evens my complexion out without making me look too powdery or cakey. I buff it into my skin using a flat top kabuki brush and it looks great and feels light on my skin! I also have the bare minerals ready foundation, but I do not like it as much as the original mineral foundation. As you can see it is well loved.. 

Benefits Hoola Bronzer.
This is by far my favorite Bronzer I've ever tried. I use to be an avid NYC sunny Bronzer user, but once I tried this I realized "sunny" was making me look way orange..and that's not the look I'm usually going for! This Bronzer is amazing to contour with and looks very natural. The packaging is cute which always gets me good. I even like to use the brush it came with. Again, it's expensive but worth it in my opinion. A little goes a long way, I've had mine over a year and still have yet to hit pan! 


Tweezerman tweezers.
The last thing I want to talk about is a tool, these are hands down the best tweezers ever. I recently lost my old pair and decided I didn't want to shell out the $14 for new ones, but realized nothing compares. These little babies can grab the smallest hairs! I usually pluck any stray hairs before I do my brows and these always keep mine looking sharp. You can send them back to tweezers an and they will sharpen them for free if they ever get dull...I had my last pair for about 2 years and they never got dull on me. Totally worth it!

And that's it for my holy grail items! I realized i should have swatched the products and will keep that in mind for my future posts. Obviously I have more products that I love and use daily but these are hands down the best of the best in my opinion. I plan on doing a post about my recent favorites which will include more products like blushes, lip products and more so stay tunes and thanks so much for reading!!
-Nicole 💜










No comments:

Post a Comment