Hi ladies, today I'll be showing my makeup for today that features all drugstore products. I did the drugstore tag a couple days ago and was inspired to do this! If you want to see the products I used, click below :)
Hi ladies, today I'll be showing my makeup for today that features all drugstore products. I did the drugstore tag a couple days ago and was inspired to do this! If you want to see the products I used, click below :)
Two posts in one night, go me! I meant to get this post up yesterday, but had some issues. So I'm bringing it to you today. Out of all the makeup brushes I own, I reach for these on a daily basis. I apologize for the weird picture quality. I'm still working on my lighting situation.
I'm going to start with face brushes. From left to right.
Sigma F30 Large Powder Brush- I use this everyday to apply my Rimmel Stay Matte. It's a synthetic brush from the Sigma Mrs. bunny Collection. It's very large, fluffy and ridiculously soft.
Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki- If I'm not using my Beauty Blender to apply foundation, I'm using this. I love it to apply liquid foundation. It's dense but very soft. Synthetic bristles. It buffs it in flawlessly, no streaks.
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush- I use this brush for many different things, applying liquid foundation, contouring, blending blush and bronzer. It's super soft, synthetic bristles. Besides all that it's asthetically pleasing. It stands on its own!
Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour- I love this brush to apply blush or Bronzer. It's natural bristles. Not as soft as the synthetic ones but still soft. This is one of my favorite brushes, probably because I love blush and Bronzer so much!
Next well do eye brushes, starting with blending brushes.
E35 Tapered Blending- I use this natural bristled brush a lot for blending shadow out in my crease! It's the mini version I got for spending over $30 on Sigmas website.
E40 Tapered Blending- this is my go-to brush for applying a transition shade into my crease. This is the synthetic version from the Mrs. bunny Kit. I own the natural version but I just like this one better for some reason. This one is a littler more sturdy.
ELF Blending Eye Brush- I use this to apply dark shades into my crease. It's smaller than my regular blending brushes and the natural bristles really pack the color in. Also it was a DOLLAR. For real. It's a bit flimsy but for a dollar, works great.
Onto the rest of the eye brushes
ELF Smudge Brush- This brush is great for smudging out eyeliner on the lower lashline and applying shadow there. This brush was also a dollar!
Sigma E55 Eye Shading- Again this is from the Mrs Bunny Kit, it does an amazing job of packing shadow onto the lid!
Sigma E70 Angled Shading- The next two are the same brush, one is just synthetic. I use the first one strictly to apply my browbone highlight. And the next one strictly to apply my paint pot to my lid. For whatever reason, this brush is stained purple though. Don't ask me how or why it just it!
Sigma E65 Small Angled Liner- I own 2 of these. I love them for filling in my brows with powder, applying shadow to the lower lashline, gel liner. They have many uses! I feel like you can never have enough angled liner brushes.
So those are my favorites! I love brushes and I've been meaning to invest in another sigma kit. The last time I bought from them was almost two years ago. I'm dying to try some more Real Techniques brushes as well. What are some of your favorite brushes?! Hope you enjoyed this post and maybe try some of these out :)
Thanks for reading !
This is an award designed to give bloggers with under 200 followers some exposure for their hard work in creating and writing blog posts. So basically you answer the questions given by the blogger who nominated you, then you create your own questions and tag some deserving bloggers. This is my 3rd time. Wing nominated:)
1.Why did you start your blog?
I've always wanted to blog or makeup youtube videos. I finally decided to start blogging because I had the reassures to do it and sone extra time. I loved to read beauty blogs and always wanted to have my own :)
2. What's your dream career and why?
My dream is to one day be involved in creating a makeup line.
3. What's your favourite season and why?
Fall! I love this time of year so much, I'm a very festive person.
4. Christmas or Halloween?
Both! Halloween-Christmas time is my absolute favorite time of year.
5. If you could choose to be a celebrity for a day, who would it be?
Ville Valo, he's the singer from my favorite band. I know I'd want to be a guy just to see how it is. Also he is Finnish so I'd probably get to be in a beautiful Scandinavian country. It would just be a completely different life!
6. What's your favourite winter drink?
Chai Tea Latte.
7. Who's your biggest inspiration and why?
I don't think I have a single person, I get inspired by many different things. Just the general beauty of the world is my inspiration.
8. Would you prefer to stay in with a good book, or a movie?
9. Where's the one place you'd love to visit?
Finland! Or Hawaii, my boyfriends sister lives there. We're hoping to go there next year, we will see.
10. What's your favourite animal?
Koala or Panda Bear!
11. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Oh gosh I don't know, I don't want to fly. I wouldn't want to know what people are thinking OR be invisible. I guess maybe being able to move/ do things with my mind.. Is that a superpower or a witch power!? Haha.
Great questions Rachel :)
1. If you could only use one foundation, mascara and eyeliner for the rest of your life which would it be?
2. What would you tell your younger self about makeup?
3. Do you plan to dress up for Halloween?
4. Mac or PC?
5. Tablet or Laptop?
6. Favorite tv show?
7. Any tattoos or piercings?
8. Do you prefer bold lip or bold eye?
9. What's your biggest flaw?
10. What's one "beauty rule" you preach but don't practice?
11. A quote you live by.
I want to tag anyone who wants to do this! Thanks again to Rachel for tagging me.
Hi there :) today I wanted to show you my most used makeup brushes, but there was a little snafu and I forgot my camera at home so I decided to do a tag instead! I found this one from one of my favorite youtubers blogs MakeupbyAlli.com
1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?
I'd have to go with L'Oreal or NYX.
2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?
For face: L'Oreal True Match Foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, ELF Maximum Coverage Concealer. For Cheeks: NYC Sun n Brozner, Milani Baked Blushes, and ELF highlighters. And Lip: Wet n Wild lipsticks especially from the Fergie Collection. I love Baby Lips, Revlon Lipsticks, Maybelline Color Whispers. My favorite Lipliner is Toast from Maybelline. I'm going to include eyes in this also: L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara, Rimmel Soft Kohl liners, Wet n Wild Mega Liner, L'Oreal Infallible Shadows. Maybelline Define A Brow Maybelline Clear Mascara.
3. Least favorite product?
I tried the Wet n Wild eye makeup remover and it burned my eyes SO bad.
4. What is the best makeup bargain?
I'd say NYC, Wet n Wild and ELF. All those brands have some really great products and are very affordable!
5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
My current favorite Bronzer is NYC Sun n Bronze in Montauk Bronze. I'd seen it a lot but never purchased it and can't believe that gem was hiding on me. I just love it. Everyone go try it!
6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
Some foundations, I actually saw one at CVS for TWENTY dollars and I couldn't believe it. I know CVS tends to be a bit more expensive but still. I've seen a few eyeliners and mascaras too for around 11-13 dollars and I think that's crazy for drugstore.
7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!
So this is more of just a color dupe, but the Fergie for Wet n Wild Lipstick in Pentouse Sweet is the exact same color as Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Backstage Bambi. The KVD Liquid Lipstick is a completely different formula with incredible staying power and Penthouse Sweet is just a regular lipstick. BUT when I want a hot pink lipstick but don't want to waste my precious Kat Von D, I use the Wet n wild
Pentouse Sweet is left picture, middle swatch. Backstage Bambi on right.
8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
Im not a fan of Covergirl Lashblast, I know a lot of people like that. The brush is just too big for my eyeballs. I also didn't enjoy Revlon Soft Nude lipstick, it looked bad on me :(
This was a fun tag to do :) I love drugstore products and as you can see I've found a lot of favorites! I'm tagging anyone who wants to do this! Tomorrow I'll be back with a makeup brush post, so stay tuned for that! I hoped you liked this tag, and maybe try out some of the products I mentioned :) ps. Follow me on twitter @neenersmakeup I've been tweeting a lot more!
Thanks for reading!!
I know this is up a bit early, but I has such a busy weekend I didn't have a lot of time for a tutorial post like I planned. I hate going more than a day without posting, so I figured a favorites would be a good solution! I feel like I could have added so many more products, but I like to make sure I've been using the products for the majority of the month instead of just a week or so. I'm sad October is over, it's my favorite month. Oh well, time for me to get into the Christmas mood! Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who gets into the spirit way too early. Anywhooo here are my favorites for the month of October!
1. ELF Baked Highlighter in Blushed Gems. I hauled this at the beginning of the month. It's a beautiful shimmery pink champagne color. I only own a few actual highlighters and this is the one I use most often. I've basically used it everyday since I've gotten it. It highlights beautifully and isn't too glittery or white. Also I believe it was only $3.00? So worth it.
2. Next we have three lip products. The first is a Wet n Wild lipstick in Dollhouse Pink. I absolutely love this color. It's a Barbie pink color which I've really been loving lately. Most people get into dark lips this time of year but I just haven't found myself wearing them as often as I did last year. This is a matte lipstick and will make your lips look very dry so moisturizer well before you apply! Next 2 products are the Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue formula. I have a review post of those you can read here. That says it all, I just love these. I find myself using this frequently during the day. I love the medicated feeling they give.
3. ELF Maximum Coverage Concealer. This was also included in my big Elf haul. This concealer is great. It really does offer maximum coverage but doesn't feel thick at all. I use it to cover any acne or redness I have. I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out either. I don't use it under my eyes because I have a different favorite product for that. Again, only $3.00.. Can't beat it!
4. NYX Lipliner in Dolly Pink. I bought this specifically to pair with a couple bright pink lipsticks I've bought Dollhouse Pink being one of them. I wore that combo a lot this month. Dolly Pink is a brighter blue based pink while Dollhouse pink is more of a muted neutral pink, if that make sense. Paired together, they make a great long wearing bright pink lip.
Dollhouse Pink on top, Dolly Pink below.
5. L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I had heard a lot of great things about this foundation. It's been out for a while and I finally decided to try it. I've used it everyday since! I think I bought it in mid-September? It gives me amazing coverage and I really don't feel like I'm wearing a high coverage foundation. The shade I have is W3 and I think it matches me well! I wish it had a pump but oh well.
6. NYC Sun n Bronze in Montauk Bronze. This has become my go-to Bronzer. It has just the slightest bit of shimmer, but it's so minimal you can still contour with it. I hit pan on my Hoola Brozner and I'm really savoring that bad boy so I'm glad to have this one :) I've seen this Bronzer so many times and never gave it a second thought but I'm glad I decided to pick it up, I love it! I think I paid about $5.00 for this, very affordable!
7. NYX single eyeshadow in White. This is just a good white eyeshadow. It's not as white as the one from an old ELF quad that I just love, but it's still great. I've been using it consistently since I got it. It's cheap, and good quality!
8. Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. This has become my eyeryday palette. If I don't feel like spending a lot of time on my makeup I just use this. Every shade is super pigmented and beautiful. I made a post on my everyday eye and featured this, I loved pairing that look with the bright pink lip I mentioned above.
So that's it for my favorites for October. I feel like I honestly went crazy this month buying all sorts of new products! I feel like maybe I should do a month long spending ban? But honestly I just got promoted to VIB status at Sephora and I have a coupon to spend. Maybe after that I'll do it :)
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, thank you so so much for reading!
Hey everyone, today I wanted to review something very exciting. My first MAC lipstick. I've been wanting one for so long but didn't know if it was worth $15.00.. Well it is. I decided on the color Snob, because I thought it would be a good pink everyday color. I've heard a lot of great things about it too.
It's a satin finish lipstick, I don't have any other experience with MAC lipsticks but so far I really love the satin finish.
-It does not dry my lips out.
- It does not settle into the lines in my lips.
-It lasts for hours!
Hey btw I wear glasses.
As you can see, it's just a lovely mid tone pink. Perfect for everyday, very girly!
I was surprised how much longer this lasted than some of the other lipsticks I wear. I have lots of lines in my lips and they're always pretty dry. This performed fantastically though. Oh and can we talk about the smell of these!? So pleasant, sweet and vanilla-ey. I'm very happy with this lipstick and I will more than likely buy more. The color builds well and becomes a nice brighter pink with each swipe. It's really versatile! Funny story: I use to refuse to buy Essie polish because I thought $8.00 was ridiculous for a nail polish, then I bought one and realized they were amazing. Now I own more than I care to admit. I feel this may happen with MACs lipsticks!
I hope you enjoyed this post, even though it was quick! I just carved some pumpkins and am about to get some sleep because tomorrow I have a big halloween party to host! I love this time of year! Thank you all so much for reading. Do you have a favorite MAC lipstick you would recommend ?! I'd love to know your favorites.
Hiiiii. My post today is going to be on the eye look I wear when I just want something quick and cute. Also, I think this is only my second neutral look? Crazy. I own 500 neutral palettes. Not really but ya know. You'd just think I'd do more neutrals. I just love color so! If you want to see how I do this look, click below :) it's super easy!
1. I started with a primed lid, and applied the shade Damaged all over my lid with a flat shader brush.
2. Using a dome shaped crease brush, I buffed a little Stash into my crease.
3. With a larger crease brush, I applied Rewind in the crease. This ended up overpowering Stash but I just wanted to show you exactly that I did. I also took a bit of Naked 2 from the Naked Basics palette to help blend out Rewind. I took a short smudge brush and applied Damaged along my lower lashline. I also applied Shellshock to my inner corner.
4. To finish up, I applied W.O.S to highlight, I used a Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal liner(in I believe Jungle Green) on my water line, and added some winged liner using the L'Oreal Infallible Super Slim liner. Yes, I used liquid liner with a felt tip! I feel like since I bought it, I had to make it work. It's actually a really nice liner! I also applied red cherry lashes in #43.
Annnndd that's it! It's easy but looks fancy. I really can't wait to do some other looks with this palette. If you want to see my full review on this palette you can see that here :) thanks for reading everyone, I hope you enjoyed this post!
Hey there! Today I wanted to show you what I've been keeping in my purse makeup bag. The bag I use is pictured above, and it's definitely the cutest makeup bag you've ever seen. I got it from Forever 21 for like 6 dollars. They had a larger one in pink and I should have gotten that one too. It's so cute! I love boston terriers, I like to say my dog is a mini boston because she has the same coloring and pattern but is a chihuahua. Anyway! Back to the point of this post..
1. I have 3 Maybelline Color Whispers in Go Nude, Petal Revel and La La Lilac. I love these. I have a problem of throwing whatever lip color I'm wading in my purse and forgetting about it. I need to take these out so I remember to wear them. Also pictured is a LOreal True Match Concealer in Light.
2. Milani baked blush in Luminoso.
3. Wet n Wild Lipstick in Fegie Daily. One of my favorite nudes. Also Palmers Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick. I use to use this religiously for my Chapstick, but stopped. I just have so many other lip balms. I stuck it in there in hopes of using it more but I honestly haven't.
4. Makeup Forever Pro-finish powder.
5. Maybelline Define-A-Brow in dark blonde.
6. An EOS lip balm in blueberry? It's from the Disney Collecrion they had last year with the vanilla and the other pink one.
7. Hoola Bronzer. This is my favorite Bronzer, I keep it in my purse because I don't often touch up my Bronzer and I want to keep this stuff forever! I can dream.
8. Finally we have 2 Maybelline Baby Lips. One in the Dr. rescue formula in Coral Crave, and the other in Pink Wink. No joke, pink wink smells exactly like bubble tape. I'm talking identical. It takes everything in me not to eat this stuff.
So that's what I carry with me makeup wise. I guarantee there are some lipsticks floating around my bag as well as some other random products. I really don't touch up my makeup that often throughout the day besides lipstick and powdering my face, but it's nice to have some backup stuff just in case. I also carry a kabuki brush with me but of course that's lost somewhere in the depths of my purse which I'm sure is so sanitary right..
I know this was a short post. I actually bought something awesome today to improve my posts. It's called an Eye-Fi. It's just a memory card that has wifi and will send the pictures from your camera straight to your ipad or phone. You just download the app and verify your card. Of course it didn't work for me at first and I had to play around with it. I think I've got it figured out though, these pictures were kind of the test and it worked just fine. So I hope you like the improved picture quality, and what I keep in my purse! :)
Thanks so much for reading ladies!
Today I bought something life changing, just kidding..but seriously. When this palette first came out I didn't pay much attention to it. I just recently took a real good look at the swatches and couldn't believe I shrugged it off. It's so beautiful! So pigmented! Never again will I neglect a new Urban Decay palette, especially a limited edition one. Technically, my lovely gram bought this for me. We have early christmas and I used my money from her to get this! Thanks gram, I love you! If you'd like to see swatches and a mini review of these shadows, and you know you want to, click below!
Meandering around Walgreens the other day, something caught my eye.. Something colorful. These brushes! They were so tiny, cute, colorful and cheap! This little set of 5 brushes was only $5.00. I'll be giving a general impression of all the brushes individually, then an overall review! If you'd like to see my review, click below! :)
Hey guys! Today I wanted to show you my makeup for the day, and an impromptu Ulta haul. Funny story: I drove 40 minutes away from home to a specific Halloween store and they didn't have what I wanted.. Of course. They had just built an Ulta in the same plaza and you can't not go to Ulta when it's right there.
So from Ulta I got Urban Decays single eyeshadow in Naked. This is my most used eyeshadow I believe. I'm almost out of it in my Naked palette. I'll have to purchase Buck soon too! Next is the Murad Oil Control Mattifier Lotion. I've heard good things about this, it was expensive. Like, I can't believe I actually paid 40 dollars for a lotion, what the hell was i thinking. If it works I'll be forever greatful. If it doesn't, taking it back! Finally I got the Anastasia Brow Genius Kit in Brunette. This was kind of a whim buy. I had seen a couple people use it in videos and I wanted to try a new brow product. What got me is that it's waterproof. I'm an oily girl so I thought this would be a good product for me. It's kind of a process to apply. But so far I like the results. I plan to do a review and demo of this soon! It's a very different product.
Onto the face.
I wanted to use the Lipslick in Tanzanite I got from Oslo Cosmetics, so I kept the eyes neutral and simple. I started with Buck from the Naked Palette in the crease, then used Tease from the Naked 2 palette on the lid. I highlighted my browbone with NYX White shadow. Then smudged Urban Decays Perversion liner on the lower and upper lashline, setting it with a matte black powder. I added a little Tease under the black on the lower lash line. I used Eyelure 100 lashes.
For the face I used my LOreal Ture Match foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte powder & NYC Sun n' Bronzer. I also used the Brow Genius Kit. And finally the Lipslick in Tanzanite. The color on my lips is from one swipe, so these are greatly pigmented!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Happy Friday everyone! Thanks for reading!
I placed an order with this cute new company called Oslo Cosmetics and recieved my package a couple days ago. I'm super impressed with everything and wanted to show you what I got! If you'd like to see swatches of these beautiful products, click below!
Hi everyone! Today I wanted to do a little review on a product I've been loving lately. The new Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Resuce Medicated balms. I own a ton of the other baby lips, but these are different.
These are the three that I own. I will probably end up buying more. These are a medicated lip balm that contain Menthol. So if that feeling or smell bothers you, I do not suggest them. It is quite strong. I love the cooling feeling the menthol provides and smell is comforting to me as well. Staying Power: I find these last just as long as the other baby lips do, about an hour. That may be a negative for some people but I reapply my lip balm constantly anyway. As far as pigmentation goes, Coral Crave is a sheer coral color. Just Peachy is a more opaque, nudeish color. Too Cool is just a clear balm.
During this cooler time of year, my lips get crazy dry. I always like to use a medicated lip balm. These are cute, which is always a plus. But they also work well for me too. I've been using them for just over a week and my lips are definitely a lot smoother and softer than before.
I know some people have mixed feeling on Baby Lips but I really enjoy them. For about 3 bucks a pop it's worth a try! These Dr. Rescue ones are by far, my favorite! I hope you enjoyed this review! Have you tried these?
Thanks so much for reading!
Yay two posts in one day! I'm making up for lost time. I had a question from my Aunt Crystal (Hi, love you!) about how I do my winged liner. So I thought what better way to show than a blog post! So if you would like to see my method for my winger liner, please click below!!
Hello! Today I have a drugstore haul for you. I went for one thing and came back with 5, it happens.
This is what I originally went to purchase. The Olay ProX Advanced Cleansing System Facial Brush. I've been on a "I need to take better care of my skin! " kick. I've wanted to try the Clarisonic brush for a long time but I really can't justify spending 125$ on it. My friend told me this works just as well, and it's only 30$. So I took a chance and bought it. Now I know the Clarisonic has different brushes for different skin types, and I'm pretty sure this one does not.. Which is a con. But I really just wanted to try one of these face scrubber brushes out and if I end up really loving it, maybe I will invest in the Clarisonic one day. I've used it twice, and felt my face had never been cleaner after using it! So I'm liking it so far :)
Next I got this Almay Brow Defining Pencil in Brunette. I've come to realize all the brow pencils I own are too light, so I needed one more fit for me. I usually use the Maybelline Define-a-brow..but they didn't have a shade any darker than medium brown, which I already have. I actually like this one better because it has a spoolie on the end as opposed to a little comb. Win.
I also picked up this Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Too Cool. I love these! I have another in Just Peachy, but i wanted the clear one for nighttime use. I own a ton of baby lips but these are by far my favorite because I feel they actually do something for my lips. I'll admit I bought most of the other ones because the packaging is too cute and they are very inexpensive. I love the menthol tingly cooling feeling these give me. I do feel my lips have softened so much since I bought these. I'll probably end up with them all because I'm nuts.
NYX single eyeshadow in White. If you read my ELF Haul, you'll know my favorite highlight shade is the matte white from the 1$ Drama Quad. You'll also know that I repurchased and was very disappointed because it's nothing like the original one I have.. So I bought this. It's not as great as my ELF one, but it works just fine for me! Plus is a ton more product and these are like, 4$.
Finally, this Sally Hansen polish in Green With Envy. Simply because it's Halloween time, and I do not own a lime green polish. And that, is reason enough for me! My poor, once beautiful fingernails, have suffered 4 losses this week and work. I'm trying to nurse them back to health so I can paint them this wonderful color. Wish me luck.
So there's my haul. I haven't posted in two and days and I'm slightly devastated but that. So I'm hoping to have another post up tonight. I have a few posts I'm working on but sometimes things just don't go in my favor! Oh well. I hope you guys enjoyed this!
Thanks so much for reading!!
Hey there! Today's gonna be kind of a quick post. I created this look earlier and really wanted to share it with you, but unfortunately I didn't take pictures along the way so it's not going to be much of a tutorial. My Bold and Bright palette was staring me right in the face today saying play with me! So play I did. This look is really fun, colorful and dramatic. As you know, I'm not afraid of color!
I started this look,with a white base, NYX JEP in Milk, blended all over the lid. This made the colorful shadows really stand out.
Next I took a lime green shadow, and applied it to the inner third of my lid. Then I took a bright light blue and patted it on the center of my lid, then took a bright fuchsia/purply color and put that on the outer third of my lid. You're going to want to spend a bit of time blending all these shadows, since they're all so different it's going to take some effort.
Next using a matte black shadow on a tiny blending brush and blended it into my crease, all the way towards the inner corner.
Then I applied some more Milk under my brow and used a matte white shadow to highlight, dragging it down and blending with the black. I applied the purple, Blue and green shadows along my lower lashline, tight lined and applied liquid liner, falsies (Red Cherry 106) and mascara. I cleaned up the edges with a makeup wipe and concealer.
I really wish I took pictures along the way but I was kind of just going in blind and ended up with this. It's kind of similar to my Sunset Eyes look you can see here just much more dramatic.