Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sunset Eyes

Hi there. I recently bought the Shany Cosmetics Bold and Bright Collection Vivid Eyeshadow Palette. I had been looking for an affordable palette with a bunch of bright colors. I've tried Coastal Scents and BH Cosmetics a few years ago but saw this one and figured I'd give it ago. I'm glad I did, I really like it. So if you wanna see how I got this look go ahead and click below to read more :)




So I started by priming my eye. I used MACs painterly paint pot, as always. Then I took NYXs Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and applied a little onto the inner third of my eyelid, and along the inner half my lower lash line. I blended it out with my finger.
Next take a matte white shadow on an angled shader brush and pat that all over where milk was placed. You can always go back and touch the white up after we put the other colors on.

Now take a neon coral shadow (obviously that's not a very common eyeshadow color, that's why I think this palette is great, it's got a lot of uncommon eyeshadows!) on a flat shader brush and pat it into the center of your eyelid. The shadow were using is the one in the middle of the picture. It looks a lot like China Glazes Flip Flop Fantasy nail polish! Lightly go back and forth over where it meets the white to blend the two together.
Now take a bright purple color on whatever kind of brush you prefer for the outer corner. I used the same flat shader brush that I used with the orange, just flipped it over. Pat the shadow into the outer corner of the eye. Slightly blend the purple into the crease, and also connect it to the lower lash line, about 1/3 of the way in. Now with an angled liner brush, take the colal color again and place it in the middle of the bottom lash line, between the white and purple. Blend the colors together.
Line your waterline and tightline with your favorite black liner. Line your upper lashline with a liquid liner. Highlight your browbone with a light cream or white color.
Apply your favorite mascara, and lashes if you'd like, I used Red Cherry #16. For the rest of my face I used NYX Shine Killer primer, Garneir BB cream, L'Oreal True Match concealer, MUFE Pro Finish Powder, Maybelline Define-A-Brow brow pencil, Milani Luminoso Blush, and Hoola to contour.

And you're done! I totally love this look. It's unique and the color combination looks great together. If you recreate this please send me a picture! Thanks for reading!!
--Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment