Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mint Candy Apple Eye

Hi there! Today I wanted to show you an eye look I did recently. My favorite nail polish of all time is Essie's "Mint Candy Apple," So I decided to name this look after it! I bought this great Fergie palette solely for the awesome mint shadow it had in it. I knew I had to come up with a way of wearing it that wasn't going to make me look like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show. So here it is! 




So I started with MAC paint pot in painterly to give me an even canvas to work with. Applied to the whole lid and under the bottom lash line. 


I then blended a mix of "naked" and "buck" from urban decay into my crease using a blending brush.

As you can see these are pretty much my most loved shades in this palette!

Then taking a flat synthetic shader brush, I picked up some of this mint color from the Fergie "photo op" palette and wetted it using urban decays all nighter setting spray. I tried doing it without wetting it first and it makes all the difference in the world to do it. Water would work just fine too. Anyway, pat this shade all over only your lid and also all along the lower lash line. 


Then taking a clean small pencil brush, lightly blend the crease colors and the mint color together, being careful not to get too much brown on the lid. You can go back and add more mint if you need to. At this point I also added a matte white highlight to my browbone.

Now line your bottom waterline and tightline, I used the 24/7 pencil in perversion because it is life changing. Then using this L'Oreal lineur intense liquid liner apply a slightly thick line to the upper lash line and wing it out. Or not, whatever you prefer!


Finally I applied a coat or mascara on top and bottom, and added some ardell 105 lashes and voila! 
This wasn't much of a tutorial picture wise, but I will improve on that next time. 
Thanks so much for reading! 
--Nicole💜💜





1 comment: