Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Autumn Eyes, 2 Ways!

Hey there! I've been trying to get this post up for a couple days and I feel like something went wrong everyday, not this time! So obviously it's now Fall and everyone's losing their minds, myself included. As much as I love summer and all the summer related activities.. I prefer fall. I love to wear hoodies and boots and drink hot chai tea and watch hocus pocus and pretend I'm going to go to a million haunted houses and halloweekends.. So I was inspired by some pretty fall colored items I've picked up recently, and created two looks for you. One is more smoky and dark and the other much more natural. So this isn't technically a tutorial, I was just playing around and came up with these looks and didn't take pictures of the steps or anything.. But they're both very simple so I'll just tell you what I did!

Here are the products I used for both looks..

Maybellines Great Lash Mascara in So Very Berry, MAC Painterly Paint Pot, Somia Kashuk Concealer, Wet n Wild Mega Liner in Dark Brown, Fergie Desert Festivle Palette, and Rimmel Scandaleyes Liner in Nude

These 2 shadows are from the Shany Cosmetics Bright n Bold Palette. Just a matte burgundy and a gold shimmer burgundy. I only used these in the darker smoky look.

-For this first look I started by priming my eye with the paint pot.

-I applied the lightest shade from the Fergie palette all over the lid.

-I blended a mixture of the 2 orange shades from the same palette into the crease, going lighter on the matte orange shade.

-Using a small pencil brush, I used the same two orange shades and applied them along my lower lashline.

-I lined my upper lashline with the Wet n Wild liner, winging it out a bit.

-I lined my waterline with the nude Rimmel liner.

-I used Red Cherry #43 lashes, and applied the Maybelline So Very Berry mascara to my bottom lashes.

So you could totally wear this with no falsies and just a good mascara and it would look great. But everyone just looks better with false lashes in my opinion.

Onto the next look!

Apologies for the visible lash glue.. I fail.

-Again prime the lid with Painterly.

-Taking the same mixture of the 2 oranges from the Fergie palette and blending them into the crease. You can go a little heavier on the matte orange for a more intense look.

-Now taking the matte burgundy from the Shany palette, apply that all over the lid. Blending together with the oranges.

-With the same burgundy shade, mixed with the shimmery one underneath it, apply to the lower lashline.

-I forgot to add this to the picture, but I used a brown pencil liner on my lower lashline and smudged it out with the matte dark brown shadow in the Fergie palette. The lined my upper lash line with the Wet n Wild liner.

-I used some Demi Wispie lashes in the color wine. These are soo beautiful. I used them in a pervious purple smoky eye tutorial you can see here. I also applied the So Very Berry mascara to my bottom and top lashes.

So there you have it. There's a million other combinations you could do but these are just some quick, cute ones that I think would really look great on everyone. I'm super excited about the burgundy mascara, it's subtle but really just adds a nice touch. Also you really can't go wrong with the burnt orange shades this time of the year! I hope you guys enjoyed this! Thank you soo much for reading! What are you most excited about for fall?!

--Nicole

Ps I wanted to add this funny picture.. This is what happens if you get the So Very Berry Mascara in your eye...it looks so horrifying doesn't it?! I literally stabbed myself right in the eye with the wand, like I had never ever applied mascara.. What the hecks wrong with me? But no worries, I was fine! I texted this picture to a few people with no explanation and got some funny responses!

 

7 comments:

  1. Great post as always! I like both looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks are gorgeous! I love the berry colors!! I've stab my eye with mascara before also and it got underneath my contact! I fail too! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I use to do,that all the time when I had contacts. It's so terrible!

      Delete
  3. Hey thank you for sharing this.
    You really have pretty eyes and the makeup look gorgeous on you.
    Ohh and great job on the post. It's amazing! :)
    I really want to try the maybelline Great lash mascara, maybe one day as I have too many mascara right now. Lol!
    Btw I hope I will not stab my eyes like you did as it do look painful. I will cry!! Lol!
    Xoxo
    Sincerely Renny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much renny! I use to own so many mascaras too but I recently had to,get rid of some! It was getting out of hand haha! Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  4. Haha, funny! I stabbed myself in the eye recently too...but thankfully not with berry mascara. Really pretty looks though, love, you have such talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's funny I've poked myself in the eye with regular mascara before and my eye didn't fill with black mascara. The first time I use this red I poke myself and holy cow I was sure I had punctured a blood vessel! They should put a warning on it hahaha

      Delete