Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Kat Von D Makeup

Hello helloo. I've been having a major girl crush on Kat Von D lately, her makeup always looks beautiful and its very unique. So I decide to make a tutorial on her look! I've recently bought a few products from her makeup line and I'm loving them both. I would really like to purchase one of her palettes next! So if you'd like to see how I got this look, click below!

 

This was kind of an "on the fly" thing, so it's not super detailed but I think it will do!

 

Top picture; products used.

1. For the Eyes: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. L'Oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black. L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara. Naked 2 palette. Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Perversion. NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder' and Wet n Wilds Mega Liner in black.

2. On the lips: Wet n Wild Lipstick in 24 Carrot Gold, Elf Matte Lip Color in Rich Red, and Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Red.

3. Face: Covergirl Smoothers Concealer, MUFE Pro Finish Powder.

4. KVD Blush in Heartagram. (This was not applied in the pictures, I got carried way! But I did apply it after and it looked great with the look.)

Now onto the tutorial..

1. Prime the eye. You could use a shimmery primer if you have one. It would help to brighten the lid. But this paint pot works just fine.

2. Apply a matte black to the outer corner of the lid, and also about half the bottom lash line.

3. Taking a medium taupe color, use it to blend the black into the crease & blend into the middle of the lid. I used a mixture of Busted and YDK for this. Also, apply these shades to the inner part of the lower lash line.

4. Take a shimmery light silver shadow, apply this to the inner corner of the lid and also blend around the black and up to the brow bone. I used Verve for this and Unfortunately it didn't show up very well on camera.

5. Tightline and line your waterline with a black pencil. Take your liquid liner and make a super exaggerated wing. It helps to draw a line out from your bottom lash line and follow it up. Next fill your brows in with a mixture of a dark brown shadow and a black. Finally apply a few costs of a good volumizing and lengthening mascara.

For the lips, I lined them with the Elf Rich Red color, then blended it slightly. I then took the 24 Carrot Gold shade and applied that to the center of my lips. I wanted a slightly gradient lip and the orange and red worked perfectly. I topped it with a bit of Cherry Red Baby Lips balm to really blend it.

For her infamous stars, I took a felt tipped liquid liner and literally just drew stars. If I would have really taken my time they probably would have came out better. But what can ya do. I also used this liner to draw her little lightening bolt under the left eye. The tattoos on her face are placed on opposite sides, but it was just easier for me to do it this way. If I was a lot more artistic, I would have attempted the rose on her neck. I'll leave that up to a temporary tattoo if I decide to do this look for Halloween!

 

So that's basically it! This was super fun to do and I think it would be great for Halloween if you didn't want to go all out with a costume. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Thanks so much for reading!

--Nicole

 

9 comments:

  1. You have a great flare for creating makeup looks! I just tagged you in a beauty blogger tag, check out my blog for more details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also tagged you for the versatile blog award. Check out my blog for details

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I just got back frm vacation ill get my posts up tonight!

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely look on your!! I love Kat Von D as well! I want to try her eyeshadows and blushes! I also tagged you in my beauty blogger tag post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much a, I have one of her blushes and its amazing! I just got back from vacation thank you for tagging me! I'll have mine up tonight :)

      Delete
  3. Ohh I love this! Your eyes look sooo pretty! I love trying out new looks, might try this one for going out this weekend :)

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a crush on her too! You look amazing, and I am going to try this!! Looks really easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! It was really easy but packs a punch!

      Delete