I know this is up a bit early, but I has such a busy weekend I didn't have a lot of time for a tutorial post like I planned. I hate going more than a day without posting, so I figured a favorites would be a good solution! I feel like I could have added so many more products, but I like to make sure I've been using the products for the majority of the month instead of just a week or so. I'm sad October is over, it's my favorite month. Oh well, time for me to get into the Christmas mood! Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who gets into the spirit way too early. Anywhooo here are my favorites for the month of October!
1. ELF Baked Highlighter in Blushed Gems. I hauled this at the beginning of the month. It's a beautiful shimmery pink champagne color. I only own a few actual highlighters and this is the one I use most often. I've basically used it everyday since I've gotten it. It highlights beautifully and isn't too glittery or white. Also I believe it was only $3.00? So worth it.
2. Next we have three lip products. The first is a Wet n Wild lipstick in Dollhouse Pink. I absolutely love this color. It's a Barbie pink color which I've really been loving lately. Most people get into dark lips this time of year but I just haven't found myself wearing them as often as I did last year. This is a matte lipstick and will make your lips look very dry so moisturizer well before you apply! Next 2 products are the Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue formula. I have a review post of those you can read here. That says it all, I just love these. I find myself using this frequently during the day. I love the medicated feeling they give.
3. ELF Maximum Coverage Concealer. This was also included in my big Elf haul. This concealer is great. It really does offer maximum coverage but doesn't feel thick at all. I use it to cover any acne or redness I have. I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out either. I don't use it under my eyes because I have a different favorite product for that. Again, only $3.00.. Can't beat it!
4. NYX Lipliner in Dolly Pink. I bought this specifically to pair with a couple bright pink lipsticks I've bought Dollhouse Pink being one of them. I wore that combo a lot this month. Dolly Pink is a brighter blue based pink while Dollhouse pink is more of a muted neutral pink, if that make sense. Paired together, they make a great long wearing bright pink lip.
Dollhouse Pink on top, Dolly Pink below.
5. L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I had heard a lot of great things about this foundation. It's been out for a while and I finally decided to try it. I've used it everyday since! I think I bought it in mid-September? It gives me amazing coverage and I really don't feel like I'm wearing a high coverage foundation. The shade I have is W3 and I think it matches me well! I wish it had a pump but oh well.
6. NYC Sun n Bronze in Montauk Bronze. This has become my go-to Bronzer. It has just the slightest bit of shimmer, but it's so minimal you can still contour with it. I hit pan on my Hoola Brozner and I'm really savoring that bad boy so I'm glad to have this one :) I've seen this Bronzer so many times and never gave it a second thought but I'm glad I decided to pick it up, I love it! I think I paid about $5.00 for this, very affordable!
7. NYX single eyeshadow in White. This is just a good white eyeshadow. It's not as white as the one from an old ELF quad that I just love, but it's still great. I've been using it consistently since I got it. It's cheap, and good quality!
8. Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. This has become my eyeryday palette. If I don't feel like spending a lot of time on my makeup I just use this. Every shade is super pigmented and beautiful. I made a post on my everyday eye and featured this, I loved pairing that look with the bright pink lip I mentioned above.
So that's it for my favorites for October. I feel like I honestly went crazy this month buying all sorts of new products! I feel like maybe I should do a month long spending ban? But honestly I just got promoted to VIB status at Sephora and I have a coupon to spend. Maybe after that I'll do it :)
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, thank you so so much for reading!